Hi, I'm Allison!
I live in Oakland County, Michigan with the world’s best husband (true story). He is my greatest supporter in life and also a stellar photography assistant (and subject), so you may meet him if you book a session!
The other man in my life is a 9 year old lab/border collie mix named Charlie. You’ll DEFINITELY see photos of him, as I am an insane dog mom in every sense of the word.
My style is best described as light and bright with a pop of contrast. Black and white photos are my jam.
Photography is not and will never be my full-time job. I am a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthestist (CRNA) by day, and I love what I do! I use photography as a fun, creative outlet to do something joyful for others with my spare time.
Music is my other passion. I play my flute in a community band in Detroit, and also sing with our worship team at church. (I love Jesus!)
It may seem as though not being a full-time photographer would be a detriment, but here's why it's a good thing:
- My schedule is flexible - I don't work a traditional 9-5.
- I don’t take a large number of clients, and this allows me to serve and love you better. I’m constantly excited to shoot BECAUSE I don’t do it to make a living – something that’s incredibly important to me, personally. Infrequent sessions allow for my full energy and excitement to be centered directly at you!
- It allows fast turnaround of full galleries to you, with social media sneak peeks posted within a few days of the session.
- I work with everyone from babies to senior citizens on a daily basis, and I have a short amount of introduction time to get people to trust me with their lives and the lives of those most important to them. If your kids are in meltdown mode or you’re stressed out at your session, don’t fret – patience and adaptability are my strong suit! If I can get a kid to laugh and play games with me while going back to the operating room, I can get them comfortable enough with me to get some beautiful photos for you.
You might be my ideal client if:
- You would describe yourself as laid-back, but also enjoy investing in amazing experiences and the finer things in life.
- You love to laugh and have fun with the people you love (and also maybe with a stranger who is pointing a camera your way).
- You want photos that are timeless, bright, and full of expression, without a ton of distracting props and forced posing.
- You don’t mind a photographer with an off the cuff, self-deprecating, slightly inappropriate sense of humor.